2016 Annual Appeal
Dear Channel Islands Maritime Museum Friends,
Following a fabulous and festive 25th Anniversary this last February, in 2016 we embarked on our next quarter century of bringing exquisite maritime arts to Channel Islands Harbor, Ventura County and beyond.
With your contributions and support, we have been able to:
- Bring art and history alive to 3,000 school children through our education programs
- Offer monthly entertaining and informative programs through our Speaker Series
- Provide illuminating tours by trained docents
- Present fun-filled events such as Art Comes Alive, the Father's Day Wooden Boat Show, and Chowderfest
- Stage 5 rotating exhibits a year, from internationally renowned artists to our Annual Oxnard High School Art Show
- Create new permanent exhibits, while enhancing existing ones
And this year we were excited to be part of San Salvador's inaugural voyage on the Pacific Heritage Tour where were welcomed 2,000 visitors in 4 days! We expect to see her back in 2018.
All of these programs and events, regular and special, are CIMM's commitment to preserving and presenting maritime arts and cultures to our ever growing community. Come aboard and join us, your gifts and participation are what makes this happen! Every dollar contributed is tax-deductible as allowed by law (Tax ID #77-021663) and will support outreach, exhibits, operations and programs.
The Channel Islands Maritime Museum thrives because of you. Thank you for your support!
Karen D. Harter, Interim Director
Arlene Fraser, President, CIMM Board of Trustees